While some might feel like they shouldn’t call a 24-hour emergency electrician unless absolutely necessary, when it comes to electrical issues in your home, it’s better to overreach than underreach. Electrical concerns can cause serious property damage not to mention causing potential life-threatening situations like house fires or electrical shocks. Here are some sure signs that you need to call an emergency electrician.
You Aren’t Able To Shut Power Off When There’s An Issue
Anytime there seem to be electrical issues happening in your home and you can’t shut power off, you should immediately call an emergency electrician. If you can’t get to the main electrical shut-off or it’s malfunctioning, there is a significant risk of electrical shock or fires. This is an issue that causes dangerous or life-threatening situations and should be immediately seen by an emergency electrician.
Dead or Loose Outlet
This is a sign that there is something else going on unseen, inside your walls. A dead outlet can mean that there was a breaker trip on your electrical panel due to overuse or an electrical surge. If there is only one dead outlet in a room then it typically means that there is something more serious going on with your wiring. A loose or faulty electrical plug will not function properly and can cause electrical shocks or fire to occur and needs an emergency repair.
Black or Brown Marks Around The Outlets
This is a sign that electrical arcing may have occurred or excessive heat is being generated by the wiring. This can lead to an electrical fire or may even be a sign that wires have begun to smolder in your walls. If the walls are hot or you also smell or see smoke, immediately leave your home and call the fire department. Black or brown burn marks should always result in an immediate call to an emergency electrician.
You Recieve An Electrical Shock
Anytime you receive an electrical shock from your outlets, appliances, or light switches is a cause for major concern and should result in calling an emergency electrician. There should never be any cause for an electrical shock to occur during normal usage of your system. Here are some reasons an electrical shock might occur:
- Faulty Outlet or Wiring
- Outdated Wiring
- Electrical Arcing
- Improperly installed appliances or light fixtures
Your Outlets or Electrical System Has Been Exposed To Water
If your electrical system or outlets have been exposed to water for any reason, it’s time to call an emergency electrician. Water damage needs to be properly treated by an electrician and is potentially dangerous for homeowners. Water is a high conductor of electricity and can lead to a serious or deadly shock.
Have Any Of These Signs Happened In Your Home? Give Us A Call.
Sometimes it’s just better to call and talk to a professional about the electrical issues in your home. Don’t hesitate to give us a call if you need a professional, 24-hour emergency electrician to come to your home as soon as possible.